A bagel is an iconic New York food. It’s a round-shaped bread, with a hole in the middle, savory, crunchy on the outside, and chewy inside. The debate lies in what bagel is your favorite. What is your go-to? Must-have?
- Everything—Our love for this flavor has ventured its ways to our seasoning drawer as well. Like bacon, many love everything seasoning flavor because it has salt, fat, acid, and heat.
- Plain– This option seems a little boring; however, having a blank canvas allows everyone to infuse flavor on the top. The combinations are endless.
- Cinnamon Raisin– This bagel has a divided morning breakfast topic. Do you like butter or cream cheese on your cinnamon raisin bagel? People have strong opinions about this. Our opinion makes leftovers into French toast bites for another breakfast treat.
Making bagels in the city that have chapters on the correct ways to make, eat, and schmear on them is why we love making them daily.
Do You Know These Two NYC Deli Terms?
- Bialy — The bagel’s lesser-known cousin: A round baked roll with an indented center filled with onion scraps that’s often hard to find outside of the metropolitan area.
- Schmear— defined by the Urban dictionary: NYC Deli slang for coating a bagel with a small amount of cream cheese.